Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Master Bedroom Red to Rhino

Really, the only things we did to our master bedroom were painting and flipping the floorplan.

The photos from our listing when we bought the house looked like this:


I actually do love the color red. I like it as more of an accent color though, and not as much for a bedroom. We decided to put our bed on the wall opposite the door. I also painted our walls Behr Rhino color which is what we used in our other houses, kind of a green/gray/blue color. It's one notch up on the color swatch from the Pensive Sky I used on the master bathroom. 





A few other minor changes were switching out the iron curtain rods and hanging linen curtains.


We also switched out the fan. The old fan hung very low, almost too low for our bed to fit. We also updated the look. 
I'm not the biggest fan of the mirror above the dresser. It's our full length mirror from our other house. But, it will do for now. We moved our secretary desk/hutch into our bedroom and filled it with books and photo albums. I like having a little reading corner.

My favorite piece of furniture in the whole house is my hope chest from my grandmother. It's been with us at all of our houses. After the move, I had a furniture repair man come out and fix all of the little places where it's been gouged over the years. I love the style of it and all of the memories it contains! 

No comments:

Post a Comment